Writing And Article Marketing Tips & Tricks

List of Foot Issues for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Foot Ulcers

List of Foot Issues for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Foot Ulcers

Foot issues are general problems for the mature years of life for many people because it is farthest from heart and blood has no problem going down to the feet but coming back to the heart to circulate again becomes harder gradually. This natural fact and combination of Diabetes makes it worse and creates light to drastic problems for diabetic feet with high levels of glucose. Foot podiatrist is the medical expert for these problems. For general health care of the foot and to find changes to your feet keep in touch with a podiatrist. Here is a list of problems that can be faced

• Dry skin and cracked heels
  • Blisters and sores
  • Bruise and cuts
  • Foot ulcers
  • Neuropathy in the feet
  • Feet Calluses
  • Poor blood circulation
  • Amputation of the leg, foot or toe amputation
  • Achilles Tendinitis and achilles pain
  • Bunions on feet
  • Hammertoes
  • Heel Bone Spur
  • Ingrown toe nails
  • Heal Pain or Planter fasciitis
  • Stress fracture of the foot
  • Gout disease – due to kidney problems caused by diabetes

Foot Ulcers

What is Foot Ulcer? It is a sore spot in the feet when a person is suffering from type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It can start as a blister small cut or foot bruise and constant neglect and no treat ment or miss treatment can turn it into an ulcer. The end result of this is amputation of the toe, foot or leg. It is stated that 80 % of Diabetic amputations start this way.

Symptoms of foot ulcer for type 1 and type 2 diabetes

• Cold feet
  • Pain in a particular spot of the foot
  • Sores, ulcers or blister on the foot
  • Changes in the skin color, turned darker, red or blue
  • Swollen foot or ankle
  • Fever, or other obvious signs of infection

Consulting a podiatrist who specializes in diabetic feet treatment is the best way to handle it and do it as early as possible to save all the pain suffering and best cure of the problem. Foot care specialist will follow testing and Diagnosis procedures to confirm the nature of the problem. This may include the following tests.

• X-Ray
  • CT scan
  • MRI scan
  • Doppler or arteriographic studies to determine blood flow
  • Blood glucose test along with complete blood count test

After the results are received the podiatrist will be able to find a solution for your foot treatment and the patient will have to understand all the complications and care to be able to follow the treatment for the foot problem.

Keeping pressure off the foot by resting, special casts, shoes, boots and medication if needed is a part of the treatment. Wound care is very important. Suitable antibiotics and maintaining regular blood sugar levels with medicine/insluins planned meals and daily exercise is to be followed very carefully.

Skin graft debridement that is the removal of the dead tissue and gaining normal blood flow to the foot is the key to proper healing. If this is not achieved by treatment the final stage is amputation.

Prevention is even better than early detection

Read my previous post about the general care of Type 1 and type 2 diabetes foot care and make sure to check your feet every day and do the following

• Daily cleaning and applying best skin moisturizer with vitamin E or simply vaseline petroleum Jelly
  • Inspect feet daily for the temperature, color change or any small cuts blister or bruises
  • Get feet checked by the physician and once a year by the podiatrist
  •  If it is hard to trim nails get it trimmed with the podiatrist.
  •  Watch your blood sugar levels as close to normal as possible, by healthy meal planning, portion control, exercise daily and take medicines/insluins properly.
  •  Get your calluses removed by the podiatrist if any
  • Maintain a foot temperature monitor and use it often for temperature checking of the foot to maintain a healthy temperature according to the instructions received from the podiatrist.

To simplify foot issues I will say keep an eye on your feet by inspecting and caring for foot health every day and check if there is any kind of change that concerns you. Early detection and proper early treatment will help you cure diabetic feet fast and easy.

The sole purpose of this information is health awareness. This information is real and based on facts. It is not a substitute for medical care from your doctor or health care provider. Please check with your doctor on any related matter that concerns you for your health and well-being.

Be Sociable, Share!

Post to Twitter

Fran Aslam

View more posts from this author
68 thoughts on “List of Foot Issues for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Foot Ulcers
  1. Kate Brown Wilson

Reading post like this will be a good benefit for the readers who suffers from different kinds of illness. I am happy that I have learned many things on how to prevent it and the symptoms to know.
    Kate Brown Wilson recently posted..קבלה

1. Fran Aslam

I agree with you at this point and it is also beneficial for those who are healthy and not taking care of their health. Awareness of the worst will help them prepare by taking care of thie health.

1. Fran Aslam

Jazmin you are very welcome and thanks a bundle for making sure that people will get to know about the post. I appreciate it very much. Fran A

2. Dorthy@Lotovanje 2012 Grcka

Hello there, simply was aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I’m gonna be careful for brussels. I will be grateful should you continue this in future. A lot of people will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

1. Fran Aslam

Thanks Dorothy for visiting and reading my post, I value my readers and want to write what they need to know. I agree that my readers are increasing by several thousands every month. Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

Hi Kate, thanks for agreeing with me. Once a person focuses on health he/she acquires a sense of well being and an ultimate confidence on other important matter, self recognition grows exponentially.

1. Fran Aslam

Cynthia you are verry welcome for the useful information. It is my mission to provide the best for my readers, as know the best is always great. Have an awesomely healthy 2012. Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

You are right on the dot, diabetes is a sickness to be alarmed about, for adults and childrren both.
      Treatments and people’s general attention does not help to get rid of the disease away from communities, it is the society as a whole that has to take care of it. Thanks for being alert. Fran A

3. Boris@cloth diapering

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all. Nevertheless think of if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this blog could undeniably be one of the best in its niche. Amazing blog!

1. Fran Aslam

Hi Boris Thanks for likeing the post and a suggention to an imroved look. I do have lots of reader already. I used to have pictures and video’s on the same blog few months ago, but Health awarness topic made it a blog with no picture, as it does not have fluff at all just facts, and at times it is hard to find a picture about a certain awareness topic. But your suggestion has value and I will think about it. Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

Kate, I do appreciate your continued support and encouraging me to keep writing. With your motivation and my writing if we can bring even 1% change, it is worth it.

Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

Thanks mitch for the positive support and I looked at your site, a unique topic and eye catching design. Keep up. Fran A

4. Glen

Hi Fran, nice article and I hope your readers benefit from your information. I am a podiatrist with 22 years experience and so have seen many of the problems you discuss. As you say it is worth getting your feet checked, you may prevent future problems as well as diagnosing current foot issues. The feet are also an early warning source for other problems in other sites of the body that may presently be silent or unknown.

Hi Glen:

Podiatrist, with an outstanding comment to my post. I am overwhelmed. Thank you ever so much for your modesty and writing a comment. Fran A

5. Akishya

Hi Fran! thanks for providing us a very useful and healthful information. A lot of people will benefit from this. Just continue to inspire other people and keep up the good work.

Hi Kevin

You have a very related and useable site for those who need it. Diabetes is so davestating and still spreading like wild fire, it really shocks me. Imagine how it impacts our daily success as we as a nation are not able to perform mentally physically and socially due to this disease. I hope the new treatment which is very expensive becomes easily affordable and next gneration may reduce the number of diabetes and eventually diabetes disappers. Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

You are very welcome Izzah, it is my mission to keep writing about health awareness as it is for the well being of people who need to add health as an important aspect of improving thier life. Achieving health is the basic requirement of a healthy and successful life. I appreciate your input and hope to see you again. Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

Thanks for visiting this site, reading and writing a comment. You are right I do have unexpectedly high number of readers to my site. Fran A

Hi Janna

I want to remind you that beauty is the person who recognizes it. So it is you who have a deeper perception of life as a whole and that is how you are able to write such an awesome comment. Thank you. Fran A

6. Pingback: Diabetic Neuropathy Symptoms and Best Neuropathy Treatment | Natural Remedy For Depression

7. Karen@seo los angeles

Thank you for posting all these articles about diabetes. My grandfather has diabetes, and I’m ashamed to say that up until now I haven’t really known much about the condition. Thank you for this information, its really well written and helps me understand my grandfather a little bit better.

Hi Karen:

Since you are aware of diabetes in detail now, it is going to be easy to talk to your grandfather and feel how is he doing. Health awareness is a great way to know more about health and avoid all the risks for yourself and people around you. Take care. Fran A

2. Fran Aslam

Karen you are very welcome to find all the information. However you gave my posts so many comments in one day that I have to thank you. If you have a question about diabetes let me know, I will try to find the solution to your problem. Have a wonderful week. Fran A

1. Fran Aslam

Thank you Yasmine, it is a pleasure to know you, a non diabetic person who reads about this disease because of the love of life and other people. It is people like you who save this world from disease and unhappiness. Have an awesome week end. Fran A

8. Danyelle Franciosa

Hello Fran, another great information to know about and this will truly helps to all of us who don’t even know this said foot ulcers. I never thought of this, so thanks a lot!
    Danyelle Franciosa recently posted..Bifold Doors

1. Fran Aslam

You are very welcome to the information, it is meant for those who want to know more and more about human body and how to maintain it for super health. Fran A

2. Fran Aslam

Danyelle thanks for reading this post and I like the fact that it proved to be informative for you. Fran A

9. Pingback: ancient greek coins

1. Fran Aslam

Hi and thanks for the comment. I viewed your site and liked it a lot. also to my surprise now we can get treated online by a foot specialist. Wonderful ! I like this approach. Fran A

10. Pingback: Best Running Shoes For Underpronators

11. Nina@EML to PST Program

That is very interesting, You’re an excessively skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to looking for more of your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks

12. Annie@m night

I’ve been surfing on-line greater than three hours these days, but I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s pretty price enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the net will be much more helpful than ever before.
    Annie@m night recently posted..m night