Health Awareness Role in Living
Health awareness plays significant role because it gives us head start on how to take care of our self to live a normal life, avoid health risks and choose healthy alternatives. This includes our physical, mental, psychological and emotional health. In this article I will be talking about these aspects while paying attention to healthy rituals.
Basically I will classify health awareness role into two major categories.
Direct influence of health information to live a normal life
- Indirect influence of health awareness to improve your life as a whole.
- Direct influence includes knowing all about health and taking care of all preventive measures to keep away from health risks. We can sum it up into Physical health, mental health, Oral health and spiritual health.
Physical health is very important for a normal day to day life of children adult and seniors. It includes a wide variety of care, that includes immunization periodic screening, yearly medical check ups, health history maintained, with primary care associates or primary care clinic of your choice. Nutrition and fitness is also included here . Being aware of your physical health at every age is important. With little care and concern a person can easily enjoy the benefits of health awareness physically.
- Know your normal body weight and make sure it does not go up and down drastically without being noticed.
- Trying your best to eat a combination of food for balance nutrition.
- Make sure your oral health is optimal, as it is important for healthy teeth for total well being and prevents heart disease.
- Taking care of your sleep, relaxation time, pain and aches of the body, headaches, stomach pain, and similar day to day small problems are important to be taken care of.
- Take preventive measures not to get the following diseases
1. Diabetes, congestive heart disease, stroke, and blood pressure specially if you are reaching 40 watch for Alzheimer’s disease also.
2. Improve joint stability, this is becoming common problem at every age so watch it for yourself and if you have children.
3. Increase and improve range of movement
4. Flexibility of the body, by practicing a stretching routine
5. Take care of your bone mass by exercise, and have regular bone density test.
6. Adopt a life style that does not let you have Osteoporosis, and fractures in future.
7. Pay attention to signs of breast cancer (females), and Prostate cancer (males)
8. Improve mood and reduce signs of depression and anxiety
9. Make sure to improve your memory using brain exercises and right nutrition
10. Reduce stress.
Take smaller steps to add these healthy rituals, and make it a habit to do something good for your health every day.
Make sure to go to your dentist twice a year for a check up and general clean up. Any gum problems or teeth problems, pain in the teeth or similar other small problems are to be checked right away.
Some time teeth problems cause of other major problems in the body. To maintain optimal dental health follow this routine.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day, morning and before going to bed
- Dental flossing is also very important every day.
- Twice a year check up and cleaning the teeth by the dentist
It is important to take care of your mental health issues too, as it is a vital part of your body and maintains your life in full including your body. Memory is one of the most important part to keep going for a normal life, and specially professional life. Mental health professionals are very aware of it and it is becoming a topic of attention for more research and treatments. Make sure to go to the doctor for maintaining this issue, use vitamins and do exercises with games and other activities for mental alertness.
Emotional health and well being is also a part of the mental health. Any injury to the brain for anyone is to be handled by seeking medical and psychological help if needed so it improves early and does not turn into a life time problem.
For Indirect influence read my blog ‘Staying healthy and receiving it’s free rewards”
Images Courtesy of digital Photos